Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Game Review: Avengers Assemble

wp_ss_20140115_0002

I have to admit to being a pretty big Avengers movie fan. When I saw that there was an official Marvel Avengers game for Windows Phone, I was ecstatic. Of course, it came with a $4.99 price tag, which is a bit more than I like to drop on a game, so I bypassed it out of the gate. Recently, it took a price drop to $1.99, but I had completely forgotten about it until it became the MyAppFree AOTD. I popped on and downloaded it. The 750MB download is much larger than anything I like to cram on my phone, but hey, it’s the Avengers and it is free today.

I hit the download button and after a few minutes on my WiFi, the game had downloaded and popped up in my Games menu. Ready to get my Avenger’s action on, I pressed it to open and was greeted with the “This game needs additional resources that need to be downloaded – Approximately 4GB.” Ouch! So, after another longer term WiFi session, I had my 5GB game downloaded and ready to run!

After a quick loading cycle, the game opened with the familiar Marvel film stream. Then the gaming action begins. Fighting through the tutorial was a bit boring, but soon after that the game picked up and ran pretty smooth on my Lumia 925. Game play is stellar and the movements are everything I expected when Microsoft first said Xbox games on my phone.

wp_ss_20140115_0005

The gaming experience was exceptional and it is well worth the $1.99 for the game. If you can snag it in the next 12 hours, you can get an even better deal than that. Hit the Store now and grab it before the deal disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment