Thursday, June 19, 2014

Game Review: Level 22 Restores My Faith In Stealth Classics

wp_ss_20140607_0003

I’m just going to say this first, I am not a fan of the “Zelda” style of gaming. Those long, drawn out follow the map and complete the level styles of games just drove me to boredom too quickly. Even as a kid, Zelda barely held my interest. That makes reviewing Level 22: Gary’s Misadventures a bit of a chore for me as that is exactly what this game reminded me of.

wp_ss_20140607_0008

As game play began, the controls were simple enough to figure out. You simply tap the screen where you want to go and  your little man made a run for it. Now, that seems simple enough, but then something strange happened and I realized why they bill this out as “the first stealth game set in the merciless and frenetic world of work!”

After a few short moments, it became apparent that there was a large amount of trickery involved in getting pas certain levels and obstacles. The little sleeping security guards, the cameras and a plethora of other traps were waiting for me inside the game. Instantaneously, this became a bit more fun than my old Zelda comparisons.

wp_ss_20140607_0009

As I began to find my way around, my little Gary man told me that there might be some stuff to find, or how to sneak past certain areas. After about 10 minutes, Level 22 sucked me in for the long haul.

wp_ss_20140607_0007

Of course, all good things have to come to an end, and Level 22 eventually killed the battery on my Lumia 925. While I was a skeptic at first, Noego completely won me over in the end and made me a very happy camper. With a $1.99 price tag, Level 22 isn’t an easy – just download me title – but if you are a fan of stealth games, it is, in my opinion, the best game for you on Windows Phone today.

So, take it for what it’s worth, and give Level 22 a try. You might enjoy steal games a bit more than you thought you would. I know I did.

Level 22

No comments:

Post a Comment