Saturday, July 20, 2013

Is GRD2 Coming To The Lumia 810?

CS20121207210916

Most of the readers of my blog know that I am a proud owner of a Lumia 810 running on Spot Mobile. I love my phone and I love my service. This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like a few tweaks done to the phone though. For the past 5 months, I’ve watched, just like every other 810 owner, as updates for the 920 came and went… Then the 820… Then another for the 920… When would we get our chance?

Trying to pry information from my T-Mobile friends and my Nokia friends was awkward at best. Most of them had no information to give, or the information they had was not good news. News like the 1308 update was deemed not acceptable by T-Mobile (and after all the connectivity problems people had with the 920’s I can see why.) But after months of waiting, there may be a silver lining to the update cloud.

After months of missing out, the next major Windows Phone update is scheduled to roll out in August. The GDR2/Amber update is supposed to hit devices in August. According to some sources, T-Mobile has this update in hand and is testing it for my beloved 810. Again, there isn’t much in an update that interests me personally, but to solidly know that T-Mobile will support this device for more than 3 months makes me happy.

Now, as far as the actual release dates, everyone is playing that very close to the vest. I am expecting an world wide rollout to every compatible device around the same time. Of course, that could create an overload so a more sectioned rollout might be scheduled instead. In the mean time, check back often for any new information on the GDR2 update and when it might be coming to a Windows Phone near you,

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810
Powered by www.4gfastdata.com

No comments:

Post a Comment