Thursday, April 10, 2014

Game Review: Mind Your Step Is A Finger Flicking Beauty

wp_ss_20140409_0003

When Rune Selvag Golf contacted me about reviewing his new App, Mind Your Step, I was only thrilled to fulfill his request. After thrilling me, and killing me so many times with Flappy Bat, he has a special place in my heart. So that said, I popped in to the market and downloaded Mind Your Step with high expectations.

The game play was remarkably simple. There are three gaming options when you select the play button from the main menu. The first is how fast you can make 50 steps. The second is how many steps you can make in 30 seconds. The last is basically a survival mode where you need to go as far as you can without making any mistakes.

wp_ss_20140409_0005

The game controls don’t get any easier than this. Tap the square you want to move to. That’s it. Your paw print follows your fingers and you run through the dark gray squares as quickly as you can. Your score goes up as you continue through the steps and the board begins coming faster and faster, or at least I will say it did, because it makes me feel better to say that.

wp_ss_20140409_0004

Of course, about the time you have it “mastered” a misstep occurs and you are starting all over again. Fortunately for me, Mind Your Step wasn’t quite the catastrophic failure that Flappy Bat was. I actually was pretty good at this one. My issue was that after playing about an hour plus of this, I felt like I had seen it all. I guess I wish there was a splat, or a crunch or something when I failed miserably.

That said, I would still say that Mind Your Step is completely worth the 10MB install size as it will kill time on a bus, train or even a plane without any major issues. If you are looking for a rather simple game that will entertain you, Mind Your Step is a great bit of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment