Tuesday, May 6, 2014

App Review: OneTube Delivers A Top Notch YouTube Experience

wp_ss_20140430_0004

When Google put the brakes on the amazing YouTube App that Microsoft designed last year, it was pretty much the job of MetroTube to carry the load. While I liked MetroTube’s interface, it just never really worked for me. I found myself just using the mobile YouTube site instead. Fortunately, every day, there are more and more possibilities coming to Windows Phone daily. OneTube from RicardoPons is the latest video App that I have thrown on my Nokia Lumia 925 and I have to admit, this one might just be my new daily driver for accessing Google’s great video sharing service.

wp_ss_20140430_0005

OneTube has an interface that is rather simple, but very functional. The video window is at the top of the screen and you can swipe left or right to see comments, related videos and a few other great features. Upon loading, OneTube opens to a recommended video screen. A quick swipe shows the trending videos. Another shows your account page. A final swipe brings up your subscription page.

wp_ss_20140506_0002

Jumping in to the account page is where OneTube really shines. Every category on the page is very self explanatory, but with a heavy feature set, this page is a powerful addition to OneTube. From this single page, you can view your uploads (your channel), your playlists, your likes, favorites and even your downloads.

Overall, OneTube is the best YouTube client experience that I have had on Windows Phone since Google shut down the amazing Microsoft App. This is a good thing for me as I use YouTube and haven’t found an alternative to it yet. I love the ease of uploading videos with Nokia Video Uploader, but watching videos on my Lumia basically was like watching them through a mobile site. Sure, it worked, but something was missing, and that missing something was a great layout, nice feature set and OneTube.

If you are missing your YouTube fix, visit the Store today and snag a copy of OneTube for your device. The 47MB install size is well worth the space for an interface that looks this good. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review :) . I'm working hard to make better Onetube. Best Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how much "better" it can be. You really did a great job with this App! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete