Friday, May 2, 2014

Game Review: Yatzy Wagers You’ll Roll For Coins

wp_ss_20140501_0003

Classic board games are always a great way to pass the time and there are always plenty of options for which ones you want to play on your Windows Phone. Yatzy is one of those classics that offers Windows Phone users a new twist on the ever popular game. Not only did Seavus AB add wagering to the game, but there is a major switch-up in what you need to roll to score well.

wp_ss_20140501_0002

Looking at the game itself, it’s a rather simple setup. Dice on the right, score card on the left. Tap the shaker icon located below the dice to roll them. Tap the dice you want to save and tap the shaker again to roll your next batch. You get three turns to get the best score you can. After those are up, tap the highlighted boxes in the scoring column to use select where you want to use the points. If you aren’t happy and want to sacrifice a scoring area, simply tap a 0 and it is done.

wp_ss_20140501_0005

Of course the game has a baby level where you can bet as little as 100 credits and only win 20 additional credits, but the real fun starts when you wager 1000 on a 2 to 1 bet. I lost more times that I won with Yatzy, but that won’t stop me from continuing to play this one. Game play was very smooth and the 39MB install size isn’t all that large considering how powerful this game gets. Soon, I will get into the online mode and try playing against some people and see how that works. For now, I was pretty happy with just playing the game alone and losing to myself.

  wp_ss_20140501_0004 

It’s worth nothing before I call this game perfect that resume mode was far from great with it. I exited the App to check tweets 3 times and had issues with all three re-entries. The first time, the game kicked me out and I lost my 100 credits. The next time, it came back to this screen and hung. The final time, the game completely rebooted. My advice, don’t leave the game unless you want to take a chance on losing your credits you just bet.

Overall, check out Yatzy, especially right now that the paid version is still free. I don’t know how long this will run, but make sure you grab it while the grabbing is good. You may love it, you may get bored with it, but you can never have too many classic games to pass the time. Grab Yatzy today and let me know what you think!

Store Link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/yatzy/6b41e872-41da-4d69-bd67-827e2e03e2a7

No comments:

Post a Comment