Monday, October 20, 2014

Game Review: Hypernaut Lives Up To The Hype

wp_ss_20141019_0002

When I first found Hypernaut, I wasn’t entirely sure what to expect. As a matter of fact, even as I started playing it for the first time, I still had no clue what I was getting into. Hypernaut, by Jason Walters, had spent so much time in my review folder that I had pretty well forgotten what the whole thing was supposed to be about. Then I played it…

wp_ss_20141019_0003

After tapping the screen to get going and seeing the simplistic instructions of “tap to go left, tap to go right” I was ready to roll in this gorgeous ‘polygon runner’ style game. I prefer the touch to the tilt controls, but both are there if you want the other. That said, what followed my quick lesson was a sheer blast of epic fun. The mountain you see in the distance quickly pulls up on you, the towers and blocks above do as well. Overall, you have to be ready for anything.

wp_ss_20141019_0004

After a few seconds, more and more obstacles come on to the screen. After that stuff, like fireballs, start coming out of the sky. You have to be quick or your single life is over and it is back to the start with you. Make sure you learn during the easier parts of the game, as when the going gets tough, you don’t have time to think, you just have time to do.

wp_ss_20141019_0005

Hypernaut is a gorgeous rendering. The 6MB download is amazingly small for how entertaining this game is. Overall, this is the kind of game that leads to that one friend we all have losing and throwing your phone – so beware of that one. Other than that, this will be a crowd favorite for showing off your Windows Phone (though it’s available for those fruity guys too) and entertaining them. You can grab the download at the link below.

Download: Hypernaut

No comments:

Post a Comment